WANT TO BE A GROUP LEADER?
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in leading a small group! At Grace, we believe God works through relationships to bring about spiritual growth — and by leading a group; you’ll play an important role in that process! Below, you’ll find answers to some common questions people have about leading a group.
WHAT DOES A SMALL GROUP LEADER LOOK LIKE AT GRACE?
At Grace, we are not looking for teachers or Bible scholars. Although we respect these traits, the role of a small group leader is more of a caregiver. We are looking for people who will facilitate discussion and connection between members rather than lecture to them.
The main characteristics we desire in our leaders can be summed up in this way:
- A willingness to let God use you to care for people and help them grow closer to each other and to Jesus.
- An awareness of people around you and the ability to connect relationally with them.
- The humility to accept an important role in God’s bigger story while understanding that the story is not only about you.
- A desire to grow as a leader and as a follower of Christ.
GROUP LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend Community Group Leader Orientation.
- Meet one-on-one with Director (3-6 times a year/ 1-2 times a semester)
- Attend Group Leader Huddle (2 times a year/1 time a semester)
- Consistent communication with Groups Director
WHAT DO SMALL GROUPS LOOK LIKE AT GRACE?
Our mission at Grace Community Church is to lead people to become growing followers of Jesus. We do this through a simple three-part strategy: Gather, Connect, Serve. The GroupLife ministry is a big part of the connect portion of our strategy. Therefore, in keeping with our overall mission of the church, the objective of Community Groups at Grace is: To take steps of faith together towards Jesus. Our Community Groups are made up of 12-16 individuals who have committed to meet weekly for 12-18 months. During these meetings, group members will get to know each other, study the Bible, and share personal experiences.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO DO?
We try very hard to make this process as easy and convenient as possible while still providing quality. We greatly value team and leader development, but also understand this is not the only thing you are involved in, and you most likely have a very full schedule.
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to talk about your role in bringing community and life change through relationship in small group. Your next step is to fill out this short information form and let us know that you would like to move forward. We will be in touch soon!