Spiritual Formation Pastor
The Spiritual Formation Pastor at Grace Community Church will help people step into authentic community and discover meaningful spiritual friendships that help them become growing followers of Jesus. This role will help guide the pastoral care efforts of our church. This is a full-time role and the position will directly report to the Executive Pastor.
Description of duties
- Be the visionary leader for church-wide group ministry and discipleship.
- Recruit, coach, and encourage group leaders and future leaders in areas of discipleship.
- Lead the connection process helping people find and join community in groups and ministries.
- Lead, manage and equip ministry teams to effectively reach men.
- Lead the pastoral care efforts of the church and equip both the staff and leaders to be effective in caring for our spiritual family; including weddings, funerals, pastoral counseling, and community outreach.
- Create a path for systematic and relational discipleship that helps our church multiply its ministry impact in our community.
- Lead, manage and equip Sunday Morning hospitality teams; including ushers, security, and greeters.
- Work 40-hour workweek that includes weekday office hours, and weekend ministry times.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Emotionally intelligent leader with ability to read people and respond accordingly.
- Technologically savvy with willingness to lead through digital communications.
- A vibrant and growing personal commitment to Jesus, with a heart and passion for the spiritual formation of others.
- Passion and gifting for connecting with people and helping them take their next step.
- Deep commitment for the local church and relational disciple making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MDiv or Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a church running over 500 in attendance.
Salary details will be discussed during the interview process. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Grace Community Church is located in Clarksville, TN, which has a population of 150k and is the closest city to the Army installation at Fort Campbell. Clarksville is just about 45 minutes north of Downtown Nashville and was recently named the Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine.