Weddings at Grace
Getting Married? Want a Grace pastor to be involved?
Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for asking Grace Community Church to be a part of your wedding and marriage plans. We are grateful to serve you and to help celebrate this sacred covenant. At this time we are not scheduling weddings at our church, but there are pastors available for pre-marital counseling and performing weddings.
Here are a few steps if you want a pastor at Grace to perform your wedding ceremony:
1. Complete the Wedding Application:
This is relatively simple wedding application that helps us know a little more about you and your fiancé.
2. Meet with a Pastor:
Once we have received your Wedding Application, our Pastor of Groups & Care, Todd Johnson, will contact you and set up a time to meet with you and your fiancé. This gives our pastor a chance to get to know you and your fiancé in person.
3. Attend Premarital Counseling:
People are complicated. And relationships are complicated, as well. At Grace, we believe that one of the ways that we can best prepare you and your fiancé for a God-honoring marriage is ask that both of you complete a pre-marital counseling course and sessions with a pastor.
Just a few more things you should know:
1. At Grace, we believe that marriage is first and foremost a sacred covenant created by God for our joy and his glory. Because we take God’s idea of marriage seriously, we want to honor what God says about marriage, specifically in 2 Corinthians 6. Pastors of Grace Community Church will perform wedding ceremonies for two people who are committed followers of Jesus – and – ceremonies for two people who are not yet committed followers of Jesus, but share the same spiritual desires and goals. However, we will not perform ceremonies for an engaged couple in which only one person is a committed follower of Jesus.
2. Your Wedding Application needs to be submitted at least 90 days before your ceremony date. This ensures enough time to process your request and make arrangements for your pastoral meeting and premarital counseling.
3. If a Grace pastor officiates your wedding ceremony, the suggested donation is $400 and is paid directly to the pastor.
Again, thank you for inviting us into your wedding plans. If you have any further questions please contact Van Riggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.