Student Ministry Pastor
The Pastor of Student Ministry is a full-time role responsible for leading the entirety of the Student Ministry at Grace Community Church, currently called Relevant Students. It is a ministry aimed at students between 6th and 12th grade. Relevant Student Ministry is the name of our outreach to middle and high school students in Clarksville. This ministry gathers on Wednesday evenings at different times for both middle and high school students.
This role will provide leadership to all student small group leaders, additional Relevant staff, student worship leaders and paid interns. The primary and most important responsibility is to assist in leading students through regular discipleship opportunities on Wednesday evenings and throughout the week.
Description of duties
- Lead Relevant Student Ministry in the direction of greater emphasis on discipleship and small groups.
- Teach from stage to students on regular basis, and for special events.
- Lead all Relevant gatherings on Wednesday nights, approximately 30-40x annually.
- Lead all Relevant Special Events, including MERGE, High School and Middle School Camp.
- Recruit, train, and oversee all Relevant Student leaders.
- Connect with parents on regular basis to help them stay connected with Relevant.
- Create and maintain outreach strategy for local schools in Clarksville.
- Provide other appropriate care as it relates to Wednesday night Student Experience.
- Lead tech team for Relevant Students, preparing all Pro Presenter needs for Relevant Worship.
- Manage the social media team for all Relevant updates and events.
- Provide coaching, and pastoral support to volunteers, staff, and families within Grace.
- Work 40-hour workweek that includes weekday office hours, Wednesday evenings, and weekends.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Willingness and experience to teach in large group gatherings for both students and adults.
- Experience leading student ministry in a variety of settings and environments.
- Emotionally intelligent leader with ability to read people and respond accordingly.
- Technologically savvy with willingness to lead through digital communications.
- A vibrant and growing personal commitment to Jesus, with a heart and passion for the local church.
- Loves volunteers and demonstrates patience in dealing with them.
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- Self-starting with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well within both the Relevant and overall staff team.
- Excellent communication skills and well organized with all functions of church ministry.
- Flexibility working around church functions and weekend schedule.
- Ability to supervise, manage, and maintain a healthy volunteer team.
- College graduate, with degree emphasis in Student and Church Ministry.
Salary details will be discussed during the interview process. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Grace Community Church is located in Clarksville, TN, which has a population of 150k and is the closest city to the Army installation at Fort Campbell. Clarksville is just about 45 minutes north of Downtown Nashville and was recently named the Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine.